Monday, December 4, 2017

Liza O'Connor shares her cursed series

Liza O'Connor shares her cursed series


I confess, I can never tell which books of mine are going to sell well.

A Fortune to Die For is about a New Jersey gal who goes out with a girlfriend to NYC and get's pressured into buying a lottery ticket. Unfortunately, she wins and in a very short time her life begins to crumble apart. (That actually happens to a lot of the real lottery winners.) She gets two types of mail: Begathons and Threats. In all cases, people she has never met wants her to pay for whatever they need, and when she ignores them, some become deadly.

When a cute police officer sorts through her box of hate mail, he discovers several letters are from a serial killer that has been killing lottery receipients all over the country. The cop gets her in touch with the FBI and they get her a new identity and send her off to Iowa.

I have relatives in Iowa. Nice place. Did you know back in the early 19th century during prohibition that Iowa had plenty of Mafia dons.  

Now in current day, we don't expect lovely Iowa to still have mafia dons. So did they force their sons to open an Ice Cream Parlor, or did these fellows just hide in plan sight, operating a legal business that protected their less than legal operations. 

In my book, it is the latter.

I expected it to be a grand book, only it turned out that no promotion site would promote it,

After two years, it only has 14 reviews.
However, everyone who reviewed it, liked it.

Thus, it has a 4.7 ranking, but readers have been few and far between. Honestly, I began to think I had a mafia curse...

But that's just crazy! Right? The real mafia is gone now, right?

So I started tweeking stuff.

First, I removed 'Mafia' from the title, hoping someone would become enchanted before they realized some of the characters were in fact mafia. 

Didn't work....

Next, I performed a major upgrade to the cover. Now perhaps the big promoters would take it.
Nope, Nyet, Nine!

Now as we all know, if book one fails, so does the entire series. Only I had never conceived book one would fail. It's a mix of humor and danger, in what I thought was a lovely balance.


Since they were already written, I went ahead and published book 2&3. (I had left tendrils for another novel but my heart was crushed so I returned to other series.)

It's been two years now since I released these books, but I still love them, so allow me to attempt to entice you once again with some review clips from those who wrote reviews over the last two years for A Fortune to Die For.



Oh, and it has been suggest that I don't have a Mafia curse, I have a Lottery curse on these books.




5 star Review Clips for
A Fortune to Die For @Liza0Connor

Romantic comedy, where poor Megan trips from one trap into another, is the start of an intriguing new series.

The start of an intriguing new series.
Yet another winner by Liza O’Connor

I love the heroine mostjust the right mix of strong and vulnerable

@Liza0Connor always has a great sense of humor

Just the right mix of… determined & cautious

Just the right mix of…crazy & relatable

Steve makes a great hero too, one I’d readily swoon over.

Steve… conscientious, caring, clever and charming

Ms. O'Connor's stories always feature a happy ending

Mystery, suspense, humor and genuinely nice characters 

This is a great read. You will not be able to put it down (I couldn't)

O'Connor's stories always feature a happy ending

If you like your books with mystery, suspense, humor and genuinely nice characters who only want to help others... this is a great read.


A young woman reluctantly wins a fortune in a lottery.



I loved the twist in the ending

Liza has created wonderfully quirky characters

A fast-paced story with the perfect mix of suspense & sass

Pretty powerful message mixed in with mayhem and love!

enjoyed it from the first page to the last.
If you like gorgeous FBI agents you will love this story

If you like female leads with hearts of gold & enough sass to spark a fire you will enjoy this book

Liza O’Connor pulls you into the heart of the tale from early on

Her characters entertain, engage and have you on their side

The plot of A Fortune to Die For is full of twists & turns

I was cheering Megan on all the way as she struggled against circumstance and destiny.

As always, you can count on a great time reading

Humor. Suspense. A hot hero and a feisty heroine, with a dash of well developed side characters

One heck of a fun and entertaining ride. Nicely done!

A thrilling start to a new series

Liza O'Connor combines humor, a serial killer, the Iowa Mafia & a hunky FBI agent for a 'couldn't put it down' story


The story has twists you'll never expect



FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT

Investigate these sites:


No comments:

Post a Comment